Iron River Township Moon Lake Park & Campground Rules & Regulations
Check-In: no earlier than 9:00 a.m. May 15th (unless authorized by Town Clerk office for special case) Check out: no later than 5:00 p.m. the second Saturday in October.
Motor vehicle speed limit is 10 mph for all motorized vehicles, including ATV’s, motorcycles, scooters, golf carts and are not allowed to operate in the park or campground except for moving from campground to a trail outside the campground and return.
- Campsite use and condition – 1 camping unit at a time per site.
- 2 adults and their children or grandchildren under the age of 18 staying overnight
- Additional adults will be charged $10 per night at all sites
- Campsites must always be kept neat and orderly
- Quiet time: 10:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. daily (no loud music from electronic devices, amplifiers, speakers, etc. is allowed during this time)
- NOTE: Campfire singing is allowed until 11:30pm so long as no amplification is used)
- All children and teens must be on their own campsite by 10:00 p.m.
- Decks must be removable and maximum size of 32 sq. ft. (4’ x 8’) Deck must be placed adjacent to the camper
- No storage building or construction of any kind is permitted in the campground
- No outdoor refrigerators or freezers are permitted in the campground sites
- Outdoor turf style carpet may be used in lieu of a removable deck. Carpet can be no larger than 24 sq.ft (4’ x 6’) of ground covered.
- No nails and/or screws are to be used on trees in the campground per DNR Regulation NR45.04 (1)(a): No person may cut, destroy, molest, deface, remove or attempt to remove any natural growth or natural or archaeological feature; Note: edible fruits, edible nuts, wild mushrooms and watercress may be removed by hand without a permit for the purpose of personal consumption.
- No personal signage or lights can be strung on trees or between trees in the campsite. Lights are permitted on your personal camper but must be turned off by 11:30pm each night.
- No cutting of trees, brush, etc. is allowed in/on campground property or around Moon Lake
- Campfires are not to be used to burn garbage
- Clotheslines may be put up so long as the aforementioned rules for nails/screws in trees are followed. Lines must be removed nightly
- All signage must be approved by the Iron River Board of Supervisors
- Campers may not use items provided by the park to start fires (such as toilet paper and paper towels from the restrooms)
- No firearms, BB guns, bow & arrow, slingshots, air guns, fireworks are allowed in the park at any time. Any violation of this will result in immediate eviction from the park and possible law enforcement action; Eviction from the campground will include forfeiture of campsite rental fee(s)
- Anyone who willfully or negligently destroys or defaces park property, or the property of another camper will be held liable for the full value of replacement cost and will be evicted from the campground immediately and forfeit campsite rental fee(s)
- Disorderly conduct directed towards staff, management or other guests will not be tolerated and will result in immediate termination of camping privileges and eviction from park as well as forfeiture of campsite rental fee(s)
- If law enforcement responds to an incident involving your campsite, you may be subject to immediate eviction from the park and forfeiture of campsite rental fee(s)
- No refund of camping fees will be given for evicted campers
- Pets – 2 pets are allowed per campsite free of charge. Any additional pet will incur a charge of $100 per campsite per season. All pets must be always kept on a leash of no longer than 6 feet and under the control of the owner. Pet droppings are to be disposed of immediately. Pets may not be left outside tied up or unattended at any time.
- The Town of Iron River reserves the right to refuse dangerous breeds or aggressive pets being in the park. Barking/noisy pets will not be tolerated and any pet which annoys other campers or is deemed a nuisance will need to be removed from the park.
- Moon Lake Park Campground and The Town of Iron River shall be held harmless and assume no liability, implied or otherwise, for animal bites or injury. You, as a pet owner specifically agree to carry your own insurance and agree to indemnify Moon Lake Park and the Town of Iron River to cover any injury or damage which may occur. Proof of insurance is required at registration
- Parking on campground roads is prohibited. Emergency vehicles must always have complete access in the park. There is a small lot for trailers, boats and extra vehicles at the north end of the park
- Sub-leasing your site is not permitted at any time; anyone found to be sub-leasing their site will be subject to eviction and forfeiture of campsite fee(s)
- No commercial enterprises may be conducted in the campground
- 1 tent may be on each campsite for personal use. If you allow others to use the tent, they must register with the campground host/town office and pay the tent camping fee of $20 per night. State regulations require that everyone in the campground be registered and the campground produce a written list of all campers for each day they are open and maintain this record for a year. In case of a natural disaster, such as a tornado, bad weather, etc. it is essential to know who our guests are.
- The Town of Iron River liability protection applies to Iron River facilities and employees. The campers/park visitors must supply their own liability coverage and agree to hold harmless and indemnify the Town of Iron River and its employees from all liability, loss, damages, injuries, costs, or expenses arising out of the actions of campers/park visitors and/or others during time in the park/campground.
- Access to Moon Lake for boating must always be from the boat launch at the South end of Moon Lake Park Campground.