Town Of Iron River
Regular Town Board Meeting
Thursday, August 11, 2022
At The Community Center
These minutes represent the general subject matter discussed in this meeting but do not reflect a verbatim documentation of the subjects and conversation that took place.
- Chairman David Ciembronowicz called the Regular Town Board Meeting to order at 6 P.M. Present were Supervisor Rich Nemitz, John Sleeman, and Clerk/Treasurer Helen G Hyde. Clerk testified the meeting was properly posted.
- A motion by John Sleeman, seconded by Rich Nemitz to approve the Agenda, Motion Carried.
- A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by John Sleeman to approve the Minutes of the Regular Town Board Meeting July 14, 2022, the Special Town Board Meeting June 1, 2022 and the Special Town Meeting July 22, 2022. Motion Carried.
- A motion by John Sleeman, seconded by Rich Nemitz to approve the Financial Report. Motion Carried.
- Citizens Comments. None
- The Town Clerk certified the meeting was posted in the community in accordance with Wisconsin State Statues. The meeting was posted at the Community Center, Post Office, Security State Bank, Iron River Coop, Town of Iron River website as well as Town of Iron River Facebook page
- A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by John Sleeman to recommend approval to Rick & Nancy Sauer at 68295 South Main Street for the operation of a micro-brewery. This was also approved by the Planning Commission. Motion Carried.
- A motion by John Sleeman, seconded by Rich Nemitz to recommend approval to Mark Engelman to have an RV placement permit at 64100 East Ruth Lake. This was also approved by the Planning Commission. Motion Carried
- A motion by John Sleeman, seconded by Rich Nemitz to Table item number 9 until September. The one interested person for supervisor has decided to decline the position. Motion Carried.
- Update: The Health inspector from Bayfield County has tested the water at Moon Lake Park, It has come back negative, which means it is clean with no problems.
- Update: Supervisor Rich Nemitz updated the Board on any issues with Moon Lake Park. The mapping of the park needs to be completed this fall.
- Update: This week the insulation that is wet will be taken out and spray foam with replace the old insulation at the EMS/Fire Hall/Highway, also the ceiling will be removed and then checking for water damage can begin and be repaired.
- A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by John Sleeman to amend prior rates for Community Center rental, new sheets were printed out and will be presented to potential renters. Rates are available in the Clerk’s office to view. Motion Carried
- Update: Joyce Ciembronowicz explained the new website is not all complete yet. It is up and running but not all functions are available as of yet.
- Update: The Recycling Center building. There are 4 contractors producing bids in the future but it looks like no construction will happen until the spring of 2023 due to the unavailability of the contractors.
- Head of Departments present, Tony Williams – Police, Jackie Pooler – Library, John Darwin – Fire, Ambulance-Sam Gilbert
- A motion by John Sleeman, seconded by Rich Nemitz to adjourn at 7:15 P.M. Motion carried.
Helen G Hyde