TOWN OF IRON RIVER
REGULAR TOWN BOARD MEETING
THURSDAY, DECEMBER 8, 2022
AT THE COMMUNITY CENTER
These minutes represent the general subject matter discussed in this meeting but do not reflect a verbatim documentation of the subjects and conversation that took place.
1. Chairman David Ciembronowicz called the Regular Town Board Meeting to order at 6 P.M. Present were Supervisor Rich Nemitz, John Sleeman , Roric Gilmer and Clerk/Treasurer Helen G Hyde. Clerk testified the meeting was properly posted.
2. A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by John Sleeman to approve the Agenda, Motion Carried.
3. A motion by Roric Gilmer, seconded by Rich Nemitz to approve the Minutes of the Regular Town Board Meeting November 10, 2022. Motion Carried.
4. A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by John Sleeman to approve the Financial Report. Motion Carried.
5. Citizens Comments. None
6. A motion by Roric Gilmer, seconded by John Sleeman to table the request from Shane Sipsas for a short term rental at 9505 Buskey Bay Drive. Motion Carried.
7. A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by John Sleeman to accept and approve the 2023 Budget. Motion Carried.
8. Update on Police Chief. There have been interviews for 7 candidates; The Police & Fire Commission will give their recommendations next week.
9. Update on Iron River Community Center. A Boucher has been made and will be sent out shortly.
10. Update on Moon lake Park Campground map will be completed by December 20, 2022; it will then go on the website so campers will be able to book on line.
11. The Town Board has decided to contact the owners on all sides of the section of North shore Drive, right away, per Bayfield County. They will be contacted to see if they want the land to be divided up.
12. Chairman Ciembronowicz reminded the citizens that the Bayfield County Housing and Heating Assistance can still be applied for through the County.
13. A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by John Sleeman to approve the plan to use an outside billing company(3rd party) for Moon lake Park Campground site registration and payment. Motion carried.
14. Update on Recycling Center employment opportunity for the potential lead worker, the pay will start at $14.00; any interested party should contact the Clerk’s Office for paperwork.
15. Update on Youth Center. There is an opening for a person to manage the center on Tuesday, Thursday and Friday, from 4pm-6pm, starting the 1st of January 2023, the starting pay will be $14.00.Anyone interested should contact the Clerk’s Office .
16. A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by Roric Gilmer to accept the proposal as written from Bayfield County on any short term rental to be presented in Iron River, if needed the wording can be changed by the Iron River Board at any time. Motion Carried.
17. A motion by Roric Gilmer, seconded by Rich Nemitz to approve the $20,000.00 from Bayfield County to Iron River EMS for the purpose of recruitment, retention, and personnel development. The money will be put into the department budget line item specific to the Ambulance Department. Motion Carried.
18. A motion by Rich Nemitz, seconded by Roric Gilmer to appoint Beth Kolling, Gail Gonzor, and Cassie Fleming to the librsry board for a 3 year term. Motion carried.
19. Heads of Department present were: Jackie Pooler-Library, Andy Jatzo-Highway, Tony Williams- Police , John Darwin- Fire
20. A motion by John Sleeman, seconded by Rich Nemitz to adjourn at 7:15 P.M. Motion carried.
Helen G Hyde